Cornell’s Master of Public Health (MPH) Program seeks to train the public health workforce of the future in New York State, the United States, and globally.
We are interested in students from a broad array of professional, academic, and geographic backgrounds. We personally review every submitted application. Tell us your story and why the Cornell MPH program is the right fit for you.
Apply online via the SOPHAS application portal. Select Cornell from the list of Institutions. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The last day to apply is April 15th.
We offer rolling admissions through April 15th.
We review applications each month (October-April). Get your application in soon, as we begin to offer admissions to students as soon as October!
- Personal statement
- Statement of intent
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Transcript evaluation from WES for foreign transcripts
- TOEF or IELTS scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English. For more details, see Cornell Graduate Schools English Language Proficiency Requirements.
*Submission of a GRE will help us understand your strengths as a student. This is one of many factors we consider for admission. A GRE score is expected as a part of your application, unless you request a waiver. See frequently asked questions for details.
Contact us with any questions you may have about qualifications, academics, the application process, the Cornell experience, moving to Ithaca, or anything else related to our program.
Check out our answers to some frequently asked questions about the program and admissions.
Alternative Options for Study
- Accelerated Program: If you are finishing up a master’s or doctoral degree and you are interested in public health, you might consider the accelerated MPH program. Please use the SOPHAS Webpage . Please be sure to include your Accelerated MPH Application.
- Employee Degree Program: If you are employed at Cornell, and are interested in public health, you might consider the part-time MPH program. Please use the SOPHAS Express Webpage. Please be sure to include your Part-Time MPH Application.