Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences
I want to change the world by assuring that all people are supported by energetic, experienced public health agencies and programs.
Isaac B. Weisfuse, is a medical epidemiologist with over 25 years of experience in public health at the local and national levels. For much of this time, he was a Deputy Commissioner of Health at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene where his responsibilities included the control of infectious diseases in New York City, and public health emergency preparedness and response. He led his agency as an incident commander in a number of emergency activations including the 9/11 attack, NYC’s anthrax attack, and the 2009 influenza pandemic.
He has an MPH in Health Policy and Management from Columbia University. Dr. Weisfuse has an extensive record of research and publications, and has published a book on public health emergency preparedness.
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Surveillance, Interventions and Evaluations
- Leadership/Management of large organizations
- Project Management
- Public Health Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Translating Science for Lay/Political Audiences
- Working across Intra- or Inter-Organizational ‘silos’ to achieve Public Health Goals