We are interested in students from a broad array of professional, academic, and geographic backgrounds. We personally review every submitted application. Tell us your story and why the Cornell MPH program is the right fit for you.
Apply online via the SOPHAS application portal. Select Cornell from the list of Institutions (we’re at the end!). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Final application deadline is April 15th.
- Upload the right materials: transcripts, GREs, resume, personal statement, statement of intent, and three letters of reference.
- If you already have an advanced degree, you may want to apply to the Accelerated Program. Please complete and upload the Accelerated MPH Application.
- If you live within commuting range of Cornell (1 hour), and want to work while studying, you may want to apply to the Part-Time Program. Please complete and upload the Part-Time MPH Application.
We offer rolling admissions. We will review applications and offer admission at six stages.
Admissions Application Process
|Date Pulled||Applications Sent for Review||Decision Due Date||Acceptance Letter Date|
|October 1st||October 5th||October 12th||October 15th|
|November 5th||November 9th||November 16th||November 19th|
|December 10th (New and any TBD)||December 14th||December 21st||January 2nd|
|February 4th||February 8th||February 15th||February 18th|
|March 4th (New and any TBD)||March 8th||March 15th||March 18th|
|April 1st *||April 3rd||April 8th**||April 10th|
* In rare/compelling circumstances, we retain the right to consider applications past the April 1 deadline, but are not committed to do so.
** Short turnaround due to April 15th deadline for students to report their decisions on whether to matriculate into Cornell’s MPH Program.
Contact us with any questions you may have about qualifications, academics, the application process, the Cornell experience, moving to Ithaca, or anything else related to our program. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
If you have questions about the WES Evaluation, please visit www.wes.org/contact-us/
Alternative Options for Study
- Accelerated Program: If you are finishing up a master’s or doctoral degree and you are interested in public health, you might consider the accelerated MPH program. Please use the SOPHAS Express Webpage. Please be sure to include your Accelerated MPH Application.